Oncology massage provides a positive and effective treatment that is tailored to meet the specific requirements of an individual’s diagnosed cancer.
It is important that care and comfort are catered for and to have a therapist who understands how to provide a beneficial massage that works around the different types of cancer diagnosed; weather at an early stage or going through a current process of medical treatments such as chemotherapy, radiotherapy or post treatment, Oncology massage is a comforting and gentle treatment contrasting against a deeper firm massage but still offering positive benefits.
Before attending a massage appointment please download and complete our client form, this will provide important information to your massage therapist and should be brought along with you to your first appointment.
Please Note: Treatment for lymphoedema; it is recommended to see a trained specialist, if uncertain check with your doctor. Information regarding oncology massage and sources can be found online at relevant healthcare and charity sites.
- Increase uptake of nutrition
- Stimulation of lymphatic flow
- Increases Range of Motion
- Increases relaxation – Encourages deeper respiration
- Decreases Oedema
- Improves quality of sleep
- Increased alertness and mental clarity
- Offers pain relief
- Decreased chemo and radiotherapy symptomology
- Improves effectiveness of medication, physical therapy and other medical procedures
- Relief from touch deprivation
- Decreases anxiety and depression (enhances mood)
- Provides a form of distraction